Sunday

Guest Blogger: Chelsey Christensen

Hey everyone! My name is Chelsey Christensen and I am a sophomore from West Linn, Oregon. The past few months have flown by so fast it’s hard to believe we had our first league game against Southwestern Oregon last night. (We won!!) I still remember back in September when all the freshmen first moved to Roseburg and we had our first week of open gym together. It’s interesting to look back at those first few workouts and see how much we have grown as a team since then. We are all really excited to get started with our league play and show people what we can do.

This year I live in a house with four other girls on the team, Sam Thornton(Washington), Emily Cook (Washington), Karlie Wilhelmi (Alaska), and Pua Kailiawa (Hawaii). Moving into a house with four other girls was very different from my living situation the previous year. Not only did I not live with any of my teammates but I also lived with one other girl who was about four years older than me. This did have it’s benefits but I am so glad that I chose to live with my teammates this year. It really helped our team grow closer faster with most of us living together and It is fun living with girls my own age who have the same mind set and goals that I do.

I remember how nervous I was to meet them and see how the living situations would work out and how we would be as a team. I am glad to say that all of our girls have adjusted really well and get along great. I have to admit I was curious in the beginning to see how the freshmen would handle being away from home since a couple came from as far as Alaska and Hawaii but we have all become good friends and we are gelling more as a team everyday. We have come a long way since that first week of practice thats for sure!

I hope all of you reading this are as excited as we are to start playing steadily for the next couple months. We have been working really hard to improve our game as individuals and as a team. Our next two games are at home and we really hope to see a supportive crowd there to watch! Hope to see you there.

-Chelsey

No comments: