Monday

National Exposure

I've always thought that the most important part of my job is to first, prepare the athletes that play for me to move on to the university level and then second, to help them find a place where they can keep playing and continue their education. Often times I spend much more time helping them move on than I spent recruiting them in the first place! It's a lot of extra work and it's work that many coaches at this level aren't willing to do, but for me the payoff is well worth it. Nobody wants to win more than I do, but helping players get opportunities that didn't exist for them coming out of high school makes a much greater impact on their lives than the 28 wins a year that we average!

Anyway so far this year I have been in contact with nearly 50 four year colleges and universities representing 18 states. Those states include Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Missouri, Michigan, Kentucky, Arkansas, New York, North Carolina, and Florida.

With this much national exposure and this many different times zones it seems like I am always on the phone. The result? Once again all of our sophomores (6) are getting basketball scholarships to four year schools!! It's a great time to be a Riverhawk!!

No comments: